Topic

Tripod Table

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Tripod Table

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tim (Slowhike) Garner
    BPL Member

@slowhike

Locale: South East U.S.

This table puts my canister stove at the perfect height for sitting in my chair.

I know it’s not something that many people would care about but I thought I’d show it any ways.

Maybe just a novelty.

Note: It is so light that it would be dangerous if a person was not careful or used it in very much wind.

Therefore, I made the carry bag so that it clips under the tripod and a rock can be added to help some with that.

Also, it could be made so that two or three stakes could be added at the feet.

Or maybe something attached to the feet so that weights could be added.

Tim (Slowhike) Garner
    BPL Member

@slowhike

Tim (Slowhike) Garner
    BPL Member

@slowhike

Tim (Slowhike) Garner
    BPL Member

@slowhike

Fifty Weekends
    BPL Member

@fiftyweekends

This is cool Tim. I’ve been thinking about how to do something similar. Where did you get that type of coroplast? The stuff I found in a craft store was thinner (flimsier) but also somewhat heavy because the baffles were really close together.

Do the screws just sit inside the arrow shafts or do they connect/screw-in somehow?

Tim (Slowhike) Garner
    BPL Member

@slowhike

Thanks.

The coroplast/ corrugated plastic is from advertisement sign, like used for business or political signs.

I just free handed the shape and cut it out with kitchen shears.

For the screws, I took one of the crossbow heads to the big box store and found screws the right length and threads to match.

I made the three holes in the tabletop with an awl and forced the screws through, so they don’t come out but turn freely to screw, securely, into the crossbow shafts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools