Topic

Trip Selection Help: Tumble Creek or Sanford-Dadina Plateau (WStE AK)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Trip Selection Help: Tumble Creek or Sanford-Dadina Plateau (WStE AK)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin M
    BPL Member

@millebe

Long time lurker, first time poster. This community has been immensely helpful throughout the years in preparing me for various solos in the lower 48. So first, thank you everyone for sharing trip reports and gear guidance across the forum.

After doing as much research as I could on backcountry trips in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, I’m stuck between two different options for a trip this summer. The trips (either Tumble Creek or Sanford River-Dadina Plateau) are highlighted in detail in the Falcon guide to the park (written by Greg Fensterman) and I have already mapped out the routes on topo and USGS maps. However, I still have no idea about the realities on the ground are for either in terms of rivers, bushwhacking, etc.

I was wondering if anyone here has done either of the hikes and could share their insight or point me in the right direction about which trip would be a better payoff in terms of getting a good Alaska backcountry experience.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools