Topic

Trip Report: Pennsylvania’s 60-Mile Loyalsock Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Trip Report: Pennsylvania’s 60-Mile Loyalsock Trail

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Evan McCarthy
    BPL Member

@evanrussia-2

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Howdy!  The last time I set out to hike the Loyalsock Trail I was trailing behind the one and only Doug Ide.  Ten years later I returned to finish the deed.  It’s a pretty special trail.

Trip Report:  https://evankmccarthy.com/2020/09/09/the-loyalsock-trail-ahab-gets-his-60-mile-trail/

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Awesome timing!! Been eyeballing this trail. Already completed West Rim trail, Black Forest trail and Allegheny Front Trail.. up next for me.. Loyalsock. Thanks!!!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Another wonderful Evan adventure! Perhaps I can come back east next Spring/Early Summer and we can do it together yet again. You’ll be ahead of me this time. :-) (And you give me too much credit my friend, I was just trying to keep up with the other two guys, though, unfortunately, I can’t remember their names. Was one of them Jeremy?)

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Evan – thanks for posting.  My “White Whale” is the Black Forest Trail – I bailed on it after 1.5 days about 8 years ago.  I wasn’t in the physical shape needed for all of those ups and downs and it was a rainy April weekend and after my feet slipped out from under me the third time on one of the steep descents I decided to quit before I got hurt.

The Loyalsock is on my list – I’ve done the Loyalsock-Link Loop that begins and ends in Worlds End State Park.  When I did that loop the bridge over the Loyalsock River was closed for repairs and we had to ford the stream.  Nice to see it’s open again.

Thanks again!

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Think i may tackle this trip mid October.. i am still contemplating.. was going to do the Cranberry Lake 50.. but i would like to do this, and it is a 2 hour closer drive…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools