Topic

Trip report form: what is the Gaia route ID?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Trip report form: what is the Gaia route ID?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

When posting a trip report, at the end of the form under GPS Map there is a place you can link to a “Gaia route ID.” What is this? is it just the “share” URL? E.g., Afognak KNWR Hike/Packraft Loop

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Anyone? Bueller?

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Thanks for making the video, but it frankly is not that helpful. The critical steps in the latter part of the process were not recorded in the screen cast. I was able to follow the verbal instructions after a bit of poking around.

So, yes, click on the route/track to be shared in the main map window, and then select “open details page” in the side drawer window. A new browser tab opens and in the upper right there are a number of share options, including a link icon. Click that to open a pop-up window and select the part of the URL that is after the slash to the right of ‘public’. That is the Gaia route ID.

Sadly the resulting route on the map on the trip report page is a pile of densely stacked route points that look kinda lame. Maybe you can clean that up somehow (show only the route and not the waypoints)?

I tried changing the default map to something else and I don’t seem to have any control over even that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools