Topic

Tree straps for Thermarest 2 person hammock?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping Tree straps for Thermarest 2 person hammock?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Got a super deal on a thermarest 2 person hammock – I believe its just the hammock and biners

Any recommendations on some affordable tree straps that are pretty light too?

Im not gonna be using this as my primary shelter – mainly in the pack for day hikes and relaxation. Can I make my own whoopie lines? What kind of cordeage do you guys recommend to keep grams down?

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I think most people use 7/64 Amsteel Blue for their whoopies. You can use Dynaglide and save a few grams but the safety factor is much lower. I find dynaglide to be much harder to splice.

I use Kevlar treestraps from Dutchware that I run with prototype Speedhook 2.0 hardware from Dutch but I’m not allowed to show it online so you’ll have to come backpacking with me or join the fall AZ Group Hang if you want to see the precious.

I have some heavy Hennessy tree straps that I’d love to send you but you probably don’t want to put them in your backpack if you are posting on BPL.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Okay Matthew…Our paths have crossed several times in the past (just not yet on a trail or in person)…I live near Dutch and, when I need something, stop by his factory to pick it up.  How on earth are you running around with Dutchware prototypes?  If I find out you visited Lancaster and I didn’t know about it I won’t be happy!

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Kevin, it happened in the Speedhook 2.0 thread at some point. I literally have no idea why he picked me to test the prototype Speedhook 2.0s. I’ve not been in PA for 10 years.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools