Topic

Trail Designs Ti Tri Sidewinder

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Trail Designs Ti Tri Sidewinder

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Heading out for 3 nights this week.. Testing out my Trail Designs 600 ml Ti Tri Sidewinder with the inferno.. in my yard. I plan on using only wood for fuel this time out. Going to also bring my Evernew 18 cm ultralight titanium pan, so I made some pancakes for my test run breakfast.. This will be my first time bringing the pan so I wanted to make sure it wouldn’t suck before carrying it with me. without the pan and spatulawith the pan and spatula

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

not bad at all!! Think it will be nice to have. I’m going to use dark chocolate Kodiak protein pancake mix..  I cup mix with I cup water. Easy enough.. And I will use the small bisquick snake n pour container.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

The weight of the Ti Tri is with everything inside the 600 ml pot. It has the Kojin stove, 4 esbit tabs, a few quick tinder tabs,  my MSR folding spoon and fork and a mini bic lighter. I

When I bring it out with me, I am leaving the Kojin and esbit tabs home..

Adam Holbrook
    Spectator

@pharmer

Locale: SW Ohio

Nice, are you taking any toppings?  Strawberry or other jelly is a good choice if not maple syrup.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Maple syrup yes.. And mini peanut butter chips too!!

I actually went out but did not make pancakes. Used the pan for some cheese quesadillas though and it worked great. I love the Ti Tri Sidewinder so much!!

Adam Holbrook
    Spectator

@pharmer

Locale: SW Ohio

I endorse it too. I’ve only used it with one of the compatible alcohol stoves (not with fire), but have found it to work great. The evernew 900mL shallow pot is my pot of choice for the TD kit.  I think I have 2 complete Ti sidewinders and an extra 900mL pot to use with my Soto stove.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Yup. I have the 400 ml sidewinder complete set up and I also have the 900 ml shallow pot.  It’s a great system for all occasions.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

400 ml with wood fire

here is 400 ml with kojin stove

Nathan L
    BPL Member

@nathansl2003

Locale: Central Vermont

I love the Sidewinder Ti Tri.  I have used it for 2 hiking seasons now.  I use esbit tablets and leave all other stuff at home.  I do pot meals so I haven’t tried pancakes or anything more complex.  NIce looking pancakes!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools