Topic

Trail Designs copies Starlyte with new Kojin Stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Trail Designs copies Starlyte with new Kojin Stove

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Yep, Skurka is only talking about affiliate links to Amazon, Campsaver, etc.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

@jshann…Yep, Skurka is only talking about affiliate links to Amazon, Campsaver, etc.

@ngatel…Dan, did you test the links?

Yes, I tested the links and the one to TD goes through just fine. See included photo to recognize the highlighted link:

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Yes, I tested the links and the one to TD goes through just fine. See included photo to recognize the highlighted link:

Yes, Dan it goes directly to TD and in the URL there is no identifying information that Skurka is the source of the click. But there is in the Evernew link. See below:

Evernew Link:

//www.amazon.com/Evernew-Ti-Titanium-Ultralight-pot/dp/B000AQYVQ8/ref=as_at/?imprToken=.9r0ngg14fyT2GqNjLhUVA&slotNum=0&ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=andrskur-20&linkId=ee39d14cf6dd072dd98a75a7bb89af53

Notice in the above link Andrew’s Amazon affiliate ID is included: “andrskur-20” that I bolded, but it truncated the information. So if someone clicks that link that goes to Amazon and buys ANYTHING, Andrew will get a commission.

TD Link: 

//www.traildesigns.com/products/sidewinder-ti-tri

In the above link there is no identifier that the click originated from Andrew’s site. There is no way for TD to know if Andrew referred a sale. TD could locate any ping-backs from Andrew’s site, but they wouldn’t know if they resulted in a sale.

I know how this works because I have affiliate links on my website. My Amazon account is popupbackpack-20… notice the similarity to Andrew’s?

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Skurka and TD are “buddies” . Was there an agreement between the two saying, I’ll give you x amount of $ up front if you put a link to my site…is that possible???? Or… free equipment donated in return for a link. Nothing illegal about that.

In another review by Skurka he said this:

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Skurka and TD are “buddies” . Was there an agreement between the two saying, I’ll give you x amount of $ up front if you put a link to my site…is that possible???? Or… free equipment donated in return for a link.

Dan, that is a stretch… as is this entire thread. Now you are questioning the integrity of Andrew. I a have a couple friends who know Andrew personally and they have the highest regard for his honesty and integrity.

TD gave Andrew one of your stoves also, which he tested.

It is time to shut down and delete this thread because it is all innuendos, and in my opinion full of slanderous statements that makes BPL and the “hiking community” look just awful.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Time I think to close this thread. Sorry about that, but it is getting a bit too rancorous. Nothing personal to any of the participants.

Roger Caffin
    Online Community Moderator
    BPL

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Dean has contacted me and asked me to post this for him.

Dan Durston contacted me, pointing out that the last one or two sentences of my post could be taken as a personal insult. So I figured that I owed him a public retraction, and Rog has graciously allowed me to post it in this otherwise-closed thread. I was more or less thinking out loud, and trying to understand why Dan was so up in arms about what I thought was clearly an innocent action on the part of Trail designs, and I came up with the possibility that emotional buy-in with the Starlyte and Dan Y was coloring his perception. That’s all I meant- no more, and no less. I was not in any way trying to disparage (either) Dan, nor to attribute ulterior motives to them.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘Trail Designs copies Starlyte with new Kojin Stove’ is closed to new replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools