Topic

Trail Advice – Manti-La Sal National Forest

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Trail Advice – Manti-La Sal National Forest

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dan L
    BPL Member

@dan_loko

Locale: Colorado, Utah

Hello friends!

I’m seeking a bit of advice on what areas/which trails are the best to hike and do dispersed camping in the Manti-La Sal National Forest in Utah outside of Moab. I have obviously explored the depths of the national parks in Moab and have branched out to exploring into the many areas of surroundings BLM land which I have enjoyed very much. However, I’m planning a trip for 4 days this weekend and was thinking about venturing into the national forest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, difficulty is not an issue unless it involves our 4 day timeframe!

Thanks!!!

Caledonia Heather
    BPL Member

@heatherfeather

If you’re looking at that area, dark canyon seems a low-hanging fruit if you haven’t been there before. There is the 40 mile full loop of the upper canyon, or exploring the lower canyon via base camp and day trips. I’ll be in the area myself this weekend, looks like it is going to be gorgeous weather!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools