Topic

Titanium windscreens Ali-Express Vs TOAKS?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Titanium windscreens Ali-Express Vs TOAKS?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

TOAKS haven’t answered me email yet so I am asking the forum.

How thick and therefore how stiff it the little windscreen sold by TOAKS and is it any stiffer than the cheap Chinese ones sold on eBay and Ali-Express?

I’ve started experimenting with a skirted pot and getting thin foil Titanium is easy but slightly thicker and stiffer seems more difficult by far

It seems that the 0.1mm foil will be far to fragile for this application

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I haven’t used the AliExpress stuff but the Toaks windscreen is very thin but durable. I can’t be more specific than that but I like it as a conventional windscreen.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Ask Titanium Goat if they have some Ti thicker than .008

http://www.titaniumgoat.com/windscreens.html

The 20″ titanium foil is .008″ thick.  You can build wind screens, lantern reflectors, ultra light
    pot lids, or what ever you can imagine.

rmeurant
    BPL Member

@rmeurant

Locale: Laniakea

The Ali Express windshield I have has a too large V-cut out of one side, which I find really annoying, I’m quite capable of cutting my own V- or shaped cut to suit my specific needs, thank you very much. Other than that, it is ok when used.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools