Topic

Timberline Trail getting reconnected for 2017

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Timberline Trail getting reconnected for 2017

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Looks like the Forest Service has plans to relocate the Eliot Branch washed-out section of the Timberline Trail:

http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2016/01/timberline_trail_is_finally_be.html#incart_most_shared-travel

Diane Pinkers
    BPL Member

@dipink

Locale: Western Washington

Yay! In retrospect, the Elliott Creek crossing was sort of fun, but at the time it definitely induced a real sense of “what the heck am I doing?”.  I’d researched the crossing on-line, but the photos really can’t convey the scope of the crossing–there’s no sense of scale, and what looks like 6-12 foot gravel banks is in reality 30-50 ft walls that you have to skid down or crawl up.  If I had the glacier skills, I’d go that way, I’m guessing it is less acrobatic.  Now it won’t be necessary, if they indeed get it built.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools