Topic

tiger trout

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara tiger trout

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Got my first Tiger Trout earlier this week.

Tiger Trout<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Wow, awesome color pattern.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Beautiful fish!

Tom K
    BPL Member

@tom-kirchneraol-com-2

“Beautiful fish!”

Indeed, but how does it taste?  ;0)

Jenny A
    BPL Member

@jennifera

Locale: Front Range

Nice photo!  They sure are interesting-looking.  Fun to catch?

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Nice looking fish that I have not had the opportunity to catch that are in the Mid West Region.

Tiger Trout are found naturally, but a hybrid is the result of a cross between a female brown trout and a male brook trout.

Lake Superior Coaster Brook Trout and Native Brook Trout  in the waters on in the waters of  Isle Royale I am familiar with……Catch and Release only.

“Coasters,” if you aren’t familiar with the term, are brook trout that migrate into Lake Superior and then return to the small streams of their birth to spawn. Although once thought by most to be a unique brook trout strain the latest genetic research done in the Nipigon Bay region of Canada supports the theory that these fish are simply stream source brook trout. The study results said that: coasters come from tributary brook trout populations and just grow faster and reach larger sizes in the lake than their siblings that remain in streams. When coasters mature they return to the stream to spawn with their stream dwelling brothers and sisters.

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Yeah, it put up a fight like a brook trout. It was catch and release season and I couldn’t kill something that pretty. I only keep trout when backpacking.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools