Topic

Tie outs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Tie outs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lance
    Spectator

@geaulite-2

Does it make any difference whether the grosgrain is secured to a tent fly on the inside or outside of the fabric? I made a reinforcement piece and used silicone to attach it the fly (on the underside). Now I’m unsure whether it makes more sense to sew the tie out directly to the reinforcement patch (underside) or sew it along the felled seam on the top.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

That question confuses me

Are you going to attach a guyline to the tie out?  And then run the guyline to a tent stake to pull out the side of the fly?

If the tieout is on the inside of the tent fly this wouldn’t work

Lance
    Spectator

@geaulite-2

I can see why it’s a bit confusing.

Yes I plan on attaching a line-loc to a piece of grosgrain, then running a guyline to a tent state. This would be on each of the four corners, as well as the doors. Here’s an example of what I mean, except instead of the triangle ring there would be a line-loc.

It would technically work whether it would be on the outside or inside of the fabric but I’m just wondering if there is preferred way to do it or not.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

ahhh…  I don’t think it matters.  I normally do a loop with one end of grosgrain on the inside, the other on the outside – sew through gros grain/fabric/grosgrain

did you know that wildernesslogics is out of business?  The owner passed away so the business ended

Lance
    Spectator

@geaulite-2

Oh I didn’t think to do one end on the inside the other on the outside. Thanks!

I did see that. Very sad news. Crazy how it just ended so quickly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools