Topic

thru-hike of Japan's Tōkai Shizen Hodō

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports thru-hike of Japan's Tōkai Shizen Hodō

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amy Lauterbach
    BPL Member

@drongobird

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

We posted our trip report of our recent 36-day thru-hike of the Tōkai Shizen Hodō, from Osaka to Tokyo. We loved the hike and think other long-distance hikers would enjoy it too. We hope our report will provide the inspire others to consider the trail, and give them the information they need to hike it.

http://doingmiles.com/2018-04-japan-tokai/

Cheers, Amy (and James too)

Erica R
    BPL Member

@erica_rcharter-net

Thanks, very interesting.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Thirty six low key cruising days.  Sounds good to me.

As usual, another great trip and report.

Thanks.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

Amy and James, thank you very much for sharing this trip. My wife and I were so waiting for this one we were on the verge of messaging you through Doingmiles.com to ask how it went and if you’d be posting about it soon. Our travels in Japan were among our favorite, for reasons you shared in your report. Gorgeous photos that took us back. We’re looking forward to reading the full report later this evening.

The Michinoku Coastal Trail looks amazing. Didn’t know about it until you mentioned it – very exciting to learn it’s opening next year. Striking coastal and mountain views plus Japanese art, architecture, design and food…wow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools