Topic

Thoughts on BA Tigerwall Platinum?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Thoughts on BA Tigerwall Platinum?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scott M
    BPL Member

@bluetick-2

Hey All,

Ive got the Tigerwall UL2 and was very happy to have the space as I spent a long day under a thunderstorm last week.  I don’t really recall hearing much about the Platinum version.  I’m thinking about cleaning out the closet( Xmid, LG Kufu and the UL2) and getting a platinum.

Thoughts?

BH
    Spectator

@pointeaubaril

I’ve only used mine once so far, but thought it was a great tent (for one person). I have the Tiger Wall Platinum 2.

Keep in mind that it’s a semi-freestanding tent. One end needs staked-out for the tent to be functional.

bradmacmt
    BPL Member

@bradmacmt

Locale: montana

I’m surprised BA doesn’t make a 1P version of the Tigerwall…

SIMULACRA
    BPL Member

@simulacra

Locale: Puget Sound

@bradmacmt
         The Copper Spur HVUL1 basically is. Except the weight is nearly the same as the TigerWall 2. Have had both. Loved the space of the TW2 but hated the dual entrances. Opted for the CS HVUL1 for basically the best of both worlds. IMOH it’s far more spacious than it appears. Not as much as the TW2, but yeah.

bradmacmt
    BPL Member

@bradmacmt

Locale: montana

Yes, I’ve had the CSUL1, it’s about the most spacious 1P tent out there… a great 2-wall tent.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools