Topic

Thermic Fabric?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Thermic Fabric?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike N
    BPL Member

@yoboyobo

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I was recently gifted a Rab Flux Pull-On. It is a smooth face fleece, weighing about 8.5oz in a men’s medium. Not knowing anything about it, I tried researching only to find really nothing informative online. So, I called and emailed Rab. Repeatedly. Eventually, someone was available to help, but could provide little detail as to what Thermic Fabric is or how it compares to other popular fleece types. So, I turned to you BPL. Does anyone here know what this fabric is, what it does best, and how it compares to other materials? Thank you</p>

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

178g/m2
    94% polyester,
    6% spandex

with Polygiene® odour control treatment

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Based on Woubeir’s specs it appears to be a Polartec Power Stretch faux variant. This type of material is optimized for low aerobic activity in cool or cold weather. It has largely been superseeded by Polartec Power Dry which which addresses both high and low aerobic activity.

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

It is not listed as a Polartec-fabric in their workbook, though.

Andre Buhot
    BPL Member

@shadow-mkii

I use my Rab flux bottoms as cold weather sleeping layer.  they are warmer than the power dry  bottoms I have.

Mike N
    BPL Member

@yoboyobo

Thank you all for the replies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools