Topic

Thermarest Neoair Xlite

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Thermarest Neoair Xlite

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

Does anyone know why REI is not carrying the Thermarest Neoair Xlite? I have a refund on a gift card and wanted to burn it on the Xlite but it is not available  in the or on line. So either Thermarest is changing models or REI is going a different direction.  Anyone know  what’s going on?

Daniel Kinsella
    BPL Member

@mrunderhill

Paul S
    BPL Member

@pula58

the link in your OP is the old version, before they updated the valve.

Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

Thank you guys!  Pad ordered! I must have gone down some sort of rabbit hole on the website.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

I ordered (and received) the new valved Xlite from REI a couple weeks ago at a “non-dividend price”.  The new valve works fine but wouldn’t call it evolutionary.

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

Can you still blow it up with your mouth?

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Seems so as it looks similar to the old valve with the “wing” device behind it, attaching it to the pad.  They’ve included a stuff-pump sack too, so I’ll use that.   Got the LW version and that would take a lot of breathes.

The pump sack keeps popping off but it’ll get the job done.

Brett A
    BPL Member

@bulldogd

The pump sack keeps popping off but it’ll get the job done

I modified my Exped Schnozzel by opening up the I.D. of the port (part that attaches to the pad valve) a “wee bit” using a rolled-up piece of fine sandpaper. Now fits firmly on my Therm-a-rest XTherm valve as well as my Exped pads. I thought the Therm-a-rest pump sack sucked and the Schnozzel does double-duty as a pack liner.

Brett A
    BPL Member

@bulldogd

After having a look at Therm-a-Rest’s new valve, it appears that using the Schnozzel may not be an option…but I could be wrong.

Paul S
    BPL Member

@pula58

The new valve on the neo airs is marginally better than the old one. Hey, at least it has a one-way ability for inflation! But the Thermarest pump sack is pretty bad. We use our schnozzle bags from Exped instead, MUCH better. To do that I  (through trial and error) found some surgical rubber tubing that would fit around the outside of the new thermarest valve and  the schnozzle bag outlet (using a rubber band to keep it from falling off the schnozzle bag).

I kinda wish Thermarest would use a flat valve like Exped or Sea to Summit. That being said, the x-lite and x-therm are warmer, for a given weight, than anything else on the market, they pack small, and the oft-reported crinkly noises are not as bad as I feared.

Brett A
    BPL Member

@bulldogd

@pula58,

Nice work-around with the rubber tubing. Maybe some enterprising person with a 3d printer here could make an adapter for the new valve(?). I purchased the x-therm the season before the new valve was introduced :( But the schnozzel works great with it. And its plenty big enough for stuffing the quilt and dry clothes in.

bradmacmt
    BPL Member

@bradmacmt

Locale: montana

I bought my wife a new Xlite this year, but last years model @ 1/2 price.

We’re happy suffering with the old technology :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools