Topic

The Ultimate Thru Hiking Gear Video

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) The Ultimate Thru Hiking Gear Video

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Yoyo
    Spectator

@dgposton

Locale: NYC metro

OK, so that’s a bit of an exaggeration. But anyway…here’s my John Z inspired show-off-your-gear-with- background-music using your living room floor as a backdrop.  Bonus: I list the weight for each item in g / oz and it’s in 4K!

Enjoy!

YouTube video

More vids in the works.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I enjoyed your video, David. It’s always interesting to see how people choose to pack the stuff they carry.

I didn’t realize Tilly made hats out of thinner synthetic materials. The couple times I’ve handled a Tilley it was thick and heavy fabric. Does yours breathe enough for in the desert or would you switch to something else when it gets really hot? (AZ hiker here…)

Yoyo
    Spectator

@dgposton

I’d say that the Tilley is very breathable…for me.  I’ve worn it in the desert (Big Bend, TX) and in the Rockies for the last 10 years, often in pretty hot/dry conditions.  Hell, I used to wear it as a fishing hat when I lived in hot and humid Houston while fishing in the Galveston Bay area. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

I first heard about the hat from Ryan Jordan back in the day (mid 2000’s). It’s been my go to ever since.

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

David, Very nice video.  I did not see a link to a gear list in the description on YouTube.

Yoyo
    Spectator

@dgposton

@Bruce

Just updated it with the gear link.  Thanks for asking!

Lowell Mills
    BPL Member

@farmhand357

Great info and much appreciated, David, that I enjoyed watching when I wasn’t being blinded by your pasty white ankles!  Where’re your socks you apparently always wear!

I too love the Spiderco Lady bug.  Thanks

Yoyo
    Spectator

@dgposton

Ha!  Yeah, I shoulda covered up for the video. Got a lot of sun on the CT this year…As for the Spyderco ladybug, I actually left in a hotel in Salida, CO.  So I have to get me a new one…had to hike about 90 miles without and had to borrow other people’s knives to open my food and use my trowel to cut my cheese!  (another item I left out of the video).

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Very pleasant to watch.  Passed in on to some of my friends.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools