Topic

The Silver Divide in the John Muir Wilderness

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports The Silver Divide in the John Muir Wilderness

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amy Lauterbach
    BPL Member

@drongobird

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

We have posted an illustrated trip report about a recent backpacking trip in the Silver Divide area of the Sierra Nevada’s John Muir Wilderness. To see it, please go to:

http://doingmiles.com/2020-08-sierras-silver-divide/

Amy and James

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

I love this area and agree with Amy: I prefer the “lower” Sierra high country that transitions  between forests, meadows and granite (or includes all three) to the higher moonscapes of the Southern high country. There’s more wildlife,including birds, as well. To me it’s more picturesque, gratifying and soul satisfying when living botany is part of the landscape.

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

So awesome. You guys kick butt, and have a lovely and inspiring website. Keep it up.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Awesome trip report, thank you for sharing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools