Topic

The Search for a Fleece Replacement – A Close Look at Active Insulation and the role of MVTR

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable The Search for a Fleece Replacement – A Close Look at Active Insulation and the role of MVTR

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Garett A
    BPL Member

@g

I’d Love to second Brett Peugh’s kind request for a list if at all possible it would be a great resource.  Thank You for Your time and energy! : P

Erik Norseman
    BPL Member

@erik-norseman

Locale: Okanagan

Hi Stephen,

Curious about the MTVR of the houdini air vs. houdini. I note that in this other paper of yours, the MVTR of the houdini is considerably lower than that stated in this article (about half the rate). Can you explain the difference, or where I may be mistaken in my comparison?

Cheers,

Erik

Stephen Seeber
    BPL Member

@crashedagain

Hi Erik:

Good observation.  At the time that early article was written, my MVTR test was performed without an interior circulating fan.  Shortly after that article was written, I introduced an  interior circulating fan, This fan reduces the effective resistance to vapor transmission of the air layer between the top of the permeation kettle surface and the test garment.  As a result, the measured MVTR went up for all subsequent tests.    So, the values I have obtained under the present testing procedure for the Houdini is 2250 g/m2/24hr and, the Houdini Air is 3120  g/m2/24hr.

Steve H
    BPL Member

@hop

Stephen, Have you had a chance to test the Visp yet? Thanks.

Erik Norseman
    BPL Member

@erik-norseman

Locale: Okanagan

Thank you!

wander lust
    BPL Member

@sol

Thank you for your eye-opening article Stephen.

Could you please tell us what are the best wind shirts in terms of mvtr with a low cfm?

Do you have the stats for the Black Diamond Alpine Start (2021) and the OR Helium Wind Hoodie?

Thx

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!