Topic

The Marvel Pass Trail to Mount Assiniboine: Part 3

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable The Marvel Pass Trail to Mount Assiniboine: Part 3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Emylene VanderVelden
    BPL Member

@emylene-vandervelden

Companion forum thread to: The Marvel Pass Trail to Mount Assiniboine: Part 3

Second day of an eventful trek to Mount Assiniboine via the Marvel Pass Trail in BC and Alberta, Canada. Today: grizzly bears.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am really enjoying your series, Emylene. It is a type of backpacking I have only done once in my life. You really bring the experience alive to one for whom it is now a faded memory, both the incredible beauty and the challenges of hiking in that kind of country.

Thank you!

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Yup, a good series…

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

This is a great series, as the others said. I’m wondering if Craig is still your friend? Haha.

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

PS- never heard of bear bangers until now. Had to look them up!

Emylene VanderVelden
    BPL Member

@emylene-vandervelden

Craig still occasionally speaks to me. After two more trips which will be published later, I suspect everyone will give him a free pass on avoiding trips with me ;-) When the mountains call I must go, and I may talk him into a day trip at some point. Backpacking is probably out, wait till you read what happened to us on the West Coast Trail….

Help wanted, currently taking applications for hiking partners… Adventure guaranteed, safety is relative to the environment and the applicants own skills… Apply my inbox.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools