Topic

The disturbing sound of a human voice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web The disturbing sound of a human voice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

ahem…

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Interesting article on how humans can affect entire ecosystems simply by being present.

Humans are the scariest predator

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Ugh. That study was a complete sham. They blasted conservative and liberal media talking heads into the woods activated by  motion sensors, hoping to get different reactions from the animals. If only the animals cared one way or the other…they would have made it to all the shows but oh no, they did not like either voice blasted right next to them out of the blue. Never mind that they hear us from far away and never just suddenly a few feet away. I bet any animal sound that you suddenly trigger right next to you, would startle and make you run.

I am sorry but this is what bad science is, all around.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

This study also comes to you from the same people who have accidentally killed two litters  of mountain lions but have done all they can to keep it from the press.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I’ve hiked with Doug; I think it’s just HIS voice.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

beat me to it – just Doug voice maybe : )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools