Topic

The Beaten Path, Beartooths Advice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning The Beaten Path, Beartooths Advice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Grayson M
    BPL Member

@grysn8683

Hello all! I have an opportunity to head out to the Beartooths for about a week around Labor Day in September.  A lot of my previous hiking trips have been in the Wind River Range in Wyoming, and one of the things I love most about hiking is the isolation.

For those of you who have traveled to this area before. Is the Beaten Path going to be crowded during the time of year I’m planning on traveling? Assuming I’m going to spend 4-5 days in the backcountry do you have any other suggestions for a more remote / isolated hike? I’d love any tips from experience Montana backpackers.

Thanks!

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

It will be crowded on the weekend on the N side – from about Twin Falls lake to the Trailhead. You’ll see a half dozen parties in the Fossil Lk area but by the time you get up there, it’s easy to spread out and feel isolated. Otherwise, it’s a spectacular hike, a true Montana classic.

Grayson M
    BPL Member

@grysn8683

Ryan,

Thanks! This sounds like exactly what I was hoping for. I appreciate the input.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

The Beaten Path goes through some great country, but the trail does get used quite a bit.  If you have 4-5 days, use the “path” to get from start to finish, but you definitely have time to get off the “path”daily.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools