Topic

The Arctic Circle Trail _Greenland

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning The Arctic Circle Trail _Greenland

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John “Jay” Menna
    BPL Member

@jaymenna78734

Locale: 30.3668397,-97.7399123

Anybody hike this one?   Goggle flights says I cant even get a flight there :)    So naturally I’m interested.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Member FRED ERIC has but you might have to PM him and ask

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Expedia and Travelocity couldn’t route my wife from Anchorage to Ushuaia (Tiera del Fuego) to board her trip to Antartica.  My sense is that their algorithms  just don’t support 5- and 6-leg journeys, much less 10- to 12-leg round trips.

The Wikipedia article on most cities / airports lists which airlines fly there and then I work backwards from there.

There are definitely connections out of Copenhagen and I think I remember some fights from Iceland which is easy to reach on Iceland Air (although WOW Airlines shut down a week ago).

Mandy Creighton
    BPL Member

@mandy

Locale: Aussie bush

Did you ever find the info you were looking for on the Arctic Circle Trail?

I was there in 2017, awesome trail!

John “Jay” Menna
    BPL Member

@jaymenna78734

Locale: 30.3668397,-97.7399123

I did — but I’ve decided to do southern Greenland instead of the Arctic Circle trail.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools