Topic

Thank you Ryan! Needed forum

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Environmental Issues Thank you Ryan! Needed forum

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Thank you Ryan and Andrew for opening up this new forum. I appreciate it very much.

In return I’ll keep rants to CHAFF and only post factual material here that will help members in their efforts to do as much as they can/want to help our suffering environment.

Eric B.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

You’re welcome – Matthew King, one of our moderators, was the main driver behind this, so kudos go to him. But it’s good timing, as Andrew and I will start releasing podcast shorts that cover environmental news as well, after the first of the year.

ben .
    BPL Member

@frozenintime

thank you ryan & matthew

i can’t think of a more important bpl forum in 2018 than this one.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

OOPS! I meant Matthew, not Andrew. And thanks Matt. You guys have your hearts in the right place.

STICKY Suggestion:

We need a sticky of environmental organizations.

I suggest moderators list them alphabetically and with links.

Perhaps 2 categories would be helpful: 1. NATIONAL & REGIONAL organizations 2. STATE organizations. Or maybe make it 3 categories.

And some of them can be organizations primarily for hunters and fishermen like Trout Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Ducks Unlimited, etc. Those organizations have helped tremendously in the past decades to preserve habitat and that preservation benefits many other species than the main ones for which the organizations are named.

I think this forum will be increasingly popular with BPL members – especially as more are directly affected by climate change. Gotta wait ’til late December to ski or ice fish? Your water being rationed more and more? Your home endangered by wildfire or hurricanes?

Well activism is the best answer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools