Topic

Teton Crest Trail / Jackson, WY – Travel Questions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Teton Crest Trail / Jackson, WY – Travel Questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nick Otis
    BPL Member

@notis

Locale: CA

<p style=”font-weight: 400;”>A work trip is taking me to Jackson, WY from October 16-19<sup>th</sup>. Hoping to tack on a personal trip to the Tetons. While I have a 100mi route mapped out, the Teton Crest Trail (~40mi) is the route I’ll go for logistic reasons!</p>
    <p style=”font-weight: 400;”>Starting at Phillips Ridge TH; finishing at Jenny Lake.</p>
    <p style=”font-weight: 400;”>Questions:</p>

• Easy to hitch to Phillips Ridge TH from Jackson? Don’t want to take the tram although it’s logistically easier–I got legs!
    • <li style=”font-weight: 400;”>Is there a way to get from Jenny Lake to Jackson, WY? Bus, park or resort shuttle, etc.? Open to hitching if there’s no other way–will there still be enough tourists on a Sunday in mid October to find a ride? (Was thinking of staying at the Jenny Lake Lodge at the finish because I can walk right in and they give free rides (!) to Jackson. But their season ends a week before I’ll be there.)
      <li style=”font-weight: 400;”>What temps can I expect in the Tetons (8-10k) in mid-October (11-15<sup>th</sup>)?
      <li style=”font-weight: 400;”>Thinking of shipping my bear spray via USPS ground to a Post Office with general delivery and picking it up there.

Any and all advice or leads appreciated!

Nick Otis
    BPL Member

@notis

Locale: CA

Grrr, sorry for the messy formatting in the first post. Cleaner:

A work trip is taking me to Jackson, WY from October 16-19th. Hoping to tack on a personal trip to the Tetons. While I have a 100mi route mapped out, the Teton Crest Trail (~40mi) is the route I’ll go for logistic reasons!

Starting at Phillips Ridge TH; finishing at Jenny Lake.

Questions:

• Easy to hitch to Phillips Ridge TH from Jackson? Don’t want to take the tram although it’s logistically easier–I got legs!
    • Is there a way to get from Jenny Lake to Jackson, WY? Bus, park or resort shuttle, etc.? Open to hitching if there’s no other way–will there still be enough tourists on a Sunday in mid October to find a ride? (Was thinking of staying at the Jenny Lake Lodge at the finish because I can walk right in and they give free rides (!) to Jackson. But their season ends a week before I’ll be there.)
    • What temps can I expect in the Tetons (8-10k) in mid-October (11-15th)?
    • Thinking of shipping my bear spray via USPS ground to a Post Office with general delivery and picking it up there.

Any and all advice or leads appreciated!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools