Topic

test 5 – 1 sentence with three links

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support User Test Forum test 5 – 1 sentence with three links

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Amy Lauterbach
    BPL Member

@drongobird

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

<span style=”font-size: 10.5pt; font-family: Helvetica; color: #333333;”>The second is the Arizona Trail App , aka Guthook App, available for both iPhone and Android.</span>

Amy Lauterbach
    BPL Member

@drongobird

six paragraphs – 2 links

Arizona Trail

The Arizona Trail (AZT) is a National Trail that runs about 800 miles from the Arizona/Mexico border to the Arizona/Utah border.  We (Amy and James) thru-hiked AZT from March 30 to May 9, 2016. Since there is a significant amount of data about this trail available in print and online, this trip report will focus on some logistical information and our impressions of the walk.

The AZT Association maintains a fine website with information about the trail.

You can download route data in gpx or kml format from this CalTopo map of our route.

Water

Finding sufficient water is the most critical problem an AZT hiker must contend with. Water sources are often far apart and may or may not have usable water depending on the season, rainfall, and other factors. We found two on-line data sources that were extremely helpful. The first is found on the AZT website and is updated a bit intermittently.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Amy

I think Ryan fixed this problem some time ago.

Cheers

Amy Lauterbach
    BPL Member

@drongobird

Roger – something is still buggy.  I’ll PM you with the text I’m trying to post.  I can’t post it here because it just won’t post.  I started another thread over in the “bugs” category.

Thanks, Amy

Cynthia FAUBION
    BPL Member

@cfaubion

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Amy I would really like to read the rest of your post as I am planning on hiking AZT Spring 2017. Can you email? [email protected]. Thanks Cynthia

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools