Topic

Terramar Thermawool Half-Zip at Massdrop

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring Terramar Thermawool Half-Zip at Massdrop

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Priest
    BPL Member

@aushiker1

Locale: Fremantle

As a bit of a fan of Icebreaker t-shirts as a touring shirt these Terramar Thermawool Half-Zip at Massdrop look interesting as a possible lower priced alternative. Approximately AU$64 delivered and 65 folks have taken the drop so far so there seems to be some support for these.

[img]https://massdrop-s3.imgix.net/product-images/MD-12417_20151026095915_afaa01218c13b1aa.jpg?auto=format&fm=jpg&fit=crop&w=1023&dpr=1[/img]

Does anyone have any experience with this shirt or Terramar gear? I am thinking it might be good for winter running as well (coming into winter downunder).

Ryan K
    BPL Member

@ryan-keane

I have this shirt – 4.0.  I got it for about $30 from TJ Max, and I love it.  It has a thin soft fleece lining, sleeves are designed really well.  Cuffs look a little weird with a extension in thin material that sticks out (you can tuck it in under the cuff), but it’s functional in being close but not tight on the wrist and allowing it to extend up the hand to use the thumb hole.

It does a great job holding in heat when it’s cold but also venting when I’m hot.  I pretty much live in it all winter in the house, winter run/hike in it, and take it as my sleep top/long-sleeve layer for summer backpacking.  Down to about high 30’s, I am very comfortable active in just the Terramar, a windshirt, warm hat and gloves.  Low 30’s or below freezing, I need a 100wt fleece to not feel cold but then it’s harder to avoid overheating.

Andrew Priest
    BPL Member

@aushiker1

Locale: Fremantle

Thanks Ryan. I think I will get one and give it a shot …

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools