Topic

Tent advice please

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tent advice please

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ronald Davis
    BPL Member

@rond

I’m looking for suggestions for a 1 person lightweight tent to use on packrafting trips in areas above the Arctic circle. Given the location, I need a tent that will stand up to strong winds and rain while offering protection from mosquitoes. All of these issues can be at an extreme. I’ve previously used a Hilleberg Soulo and most recently a Enan. I’m planning another 3 week trip next summer that will require backpacking between several rivers so I’m looking for a lighter option. The Enan comes in around 2.5 lbs but does preform well in the wind and rain. Most of the time I try to camp on gravel bars where exposure to wind equals less exposure to mosquitoes. I will be taking along at least one trekking pole so tents that use a trekking pole would certainly be an option. Cost is not the most important factor, protection from the elements is. What would those more experienced than me with today’s lighter options recommended? Thanks in advance.

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

The Lightwave Sigma S 10 isn’t that much lighter than the Enan, but it is a 4 season tent and would probably stand up to winter like conditions better. Free standing as well.

https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/tents-shelters-c25/one-person-tents-c74/s10-sigma-tent-p13727

Ronald Davis
    BPL Member

@rond

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll check it out. I also forgot to add, my tent will need a vestibule. I see the Sigma does have one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools