Topic

Tarptent stratospire li 2 or HMG Ultamid 2

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tarptent stratospire li 2 or HMG Ultamid 2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Casper v
    Spectator

@capo70

Hi, I would like to purchase one of these 2 tents,  and i like to know which one you would choose?

Use the tent mainly in Europe, so count on wind and rain.

I’m pleased to hear your choice and the reasons why and then hope to be able to make the right choice, because they are of course both seriously good tents.

Thank you very much for the effort.

Alex F
    BPL Member

@alejandro

Tough question! I’ve thought about this one long and hard and ended up with an HMG Dirigo 2, which I now regret purchasing. I’m curious what others will say. Between the two I was leaning more towards the TT because Henry offers a solid inner which would be great to ride out snow storms.
    Have a look at the MLD Duomid. It’s ligher and packs down smaller than the Ultamid. Cheers

Casper v
    Spectator

@capo70

Bought today the Stratospire Li, thank you all for responding 🙏….

John L
    Blocked

@snakejon

Both good choices, I would have gone with hog but I have always been a pyramid guy. I always add a stove jack and carry an ultralight titanium wood stove.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Having owned 5 Tarptent’s over the years and now owning a SCARP II, Moment DW and a Notch Li I can say i feel you made the right choice given TT’s quality and outstanding customer service not to mention Henry Shires’ innovative and functional designs.

Disclaimer– I received no renumeration or beer for this endorsement, but I wouldn’t turn it down either – the beer, that is.

Finnegan McBrisket
    BPL Member

@joephish-2

Locale: SF Bay Area

Another plus one for the Stratospire Li. I just set it up today and am pleased with the quality and design.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

I’ve had five of Henry Shires’ tents, and still use my Tyvek Sublite, and my original Bowfin1.  If Tarptent makes a tent suitable for your conditional uses I’d always go with them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools