Topic

Tarptent Notch Li Review (First Looks)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Tarptent Notch Li Review (First Looks)

Viewing 3 posts - 101 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

It’s odd…I don’t really mind a slightly smaller space. In a storm I’d take the Notch for all the other advantages. We’re talking about inches.

but I’m only 5’8” and 145 lbs. when I’m in my tent and lying down, I’m either reading or sleeping. I doubt I’d mind the taper. I doubt I’d notice it much. the important thing for me is being able to sit up and move things around, including myself.

It’s true I enjoyed the larger space of my Zpacks Hex solo. I didn’t enjoy not being able to zip it up tight in a storm.

Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

Locale: UK

I’m a 6′ tall Silnylon Notch user. 3 Season. Several years.

The only thing that bothers me much is the inner door arrangement (I’d prefer full Tzip or full C shape so I can access all of both vestibules without having to sit up and do a reach around).  And the lack of solid fabric roof on the inner so I don’t get a drip in the eye, waking me up sometimes.

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

There is one thing: I’m a hiking pole addict. With the zpacks hexamid solo, I got a light dedicated single pole so that I could leave the tent up and go off for a day trip with my hiking poles. I think the dedicated pole only  weighed about 3 ounces, so not bad.

The single pole set up on the Aeon would be preferable in this regard.

Viewing 3 posts - 101 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!