Topic

TarpTent Intended Sleeping Orientation???

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) TarpTent Intended Sleeping Orientation???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keith L
    Spectator

@klaurenz-2

I just got my Rainbow (single) in the mail and love it. Playing around with the set-up I noticed something. For the sake of this conversation, let’s say we are looking at the tent head on with the vestibule being the front, the left side is the entrance with the door and pocket, the back is the side without the vestibule and the right side is the side without the door or pocket.

Looking at the TarpTent side entry tents on their website except for the rainbow actually have their door on the right rather than the left with the 3D model facing head away from the door. This allows the most ergonomic entrance and exit to the tent and minimal twisting and turning of the legs. Which is the best part about a side entry tent IMO. The rainbow is the only one the door on the left with the 3D model showing his head on the same side of the door and pocket. Why? Why are all the other tents different and correctly oriented? I would be completely happy and less confused if the pocket were on the right side (opposite of the door) but since it isn’t and all the other tents are opposite, I find myself being confused with questions about what is the intended design!

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

There are different versions of the Rainbow.
    my 2005 version has the door on the other side as you can see in this photo where Franco the roo is inspecting it:

you might be able to see that the door panel is cut differently from the current version.

Several of our solo tents have two doors and there really isn’t a right side for the entry point, just personal preference.

There was a thread recently in a British forum regarding this issue with traverse hoop  tents like the Scarp/Akto/Laser type  having comments some  in favour and some  against each version.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools