Topic

Tarptent Customer service Kudos

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tarptent Customer service Kudos

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John “Jay” Menna
    BPL Member

@jaymenna78734

Locale: 30.3668397,-97.7399123

I had a small issue with my 2019 Tarptent Stratosphire Li.   I reached out to their customer service late in the afternoon.   Before I had finished my lunch the next day I got a personal phone call from Henry Sires.  He is shipping me a “care package” that will resolve the issue.

It is very nice to see that level of service exists.

I thought it appropriate to pass it the information on.

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Locale: Virgo Supercluster

Thanks!  Looking at a Strat Li, myself; good to know that they’ll stand behind it.

Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Locale: Lyon/Taipei

I can confirm the outstanding customer service from Henry Shires & Co.

At my request, they did some free mods (additional lineloc tieout on the second door panel and supplemental hook and loop closure) and repair work (torn floor netting) to my first gen Aeon Li (the second gen has a different door design using a zipper; in retrospect, I think I’d actually prefer the first gen with the mods included). We split the cost of trans-Atlantic shipping.

I’ve been won over by Tarptent and Henry’s incredible service and humble attitude since the beginning and would privilege buying from them again over other choices. They’ve always been super communicative, helpful, humble, honest, and ready to help.

To his enormous credit, Henry has never, afaik, sold his tents on forums by critiquing the designs of competitors.

If I were looking for a 2 person DCF model for use with a significant other, I’d be holding out for the rumored upcoming TT DCF Saddle 2.

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Locale: Virgo Supercluster

Just to add to this: I did end up buying the Strat Li, and Tarptent was extremely prompt at getting back in touch with me to answer a few questions that I had.  I have a quick overnight trip coming up next weekend, and they’re shipping the tent to me promptly so that I can have enough time to take it out, test it, and then take it with me.  A good relationship with them in the future looks very likely. 👍

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools