Topic

Tanager 20 CFL Sleeping Bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tanager 20 CFL Sleeping Bag

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Locale: Southern CA

I just got a feathered friends Tanager 20 CFL Sleeping Bag, for years I’ve used overstuffed Vireo sleeping bags with about 12 oz of down but this is the most amazingly light bag I’ve ever owned. The shell fabric is 7d. I’ll have to try it in the snow next week and verify it’s warm down to 25 degrees without my jacket on. I’ll post more when I know more.

Jeremy R
    BPL Member

@jerreg42

Hi, I’m considering this bag myself. How have you liked it so far?

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Anthony….How is the Tanager working for you?

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Locale: Southern CA

So finally got a chance to sleep in the Feathered Friends Tanager in some cold weather. It was about 34 degrees and there was about 2 inches of ice crusted snow on the ground. My hands were wet and cold when I got in the bag and 30 minutes later I was warm and toasty. I didn’t wear a jacket in the bag. I’m very happy with it. A bag without a zipper is a pain but I don’t mind  the hassle I’m a cold sleeper and a bag without a zipper has a better warmth to weight ratio, very warm and light, the perfect bag for me. I usually buy a 68 inch Vireo but with the Tanager I went for the Long instead thinking a little more room, I’m 5′ 11″ and I’m happy with the longer bag, a little less restrictive these bags are very narrow in the legs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools