Topic

Take This Poem on Your Next Trip

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Take This Poem on Your Next Trip

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ben Kilbourne
    BPL Member

@benkilbourne

Locale: Utah

Companion forum thread to: Take This Poem on Your Next Trip

The words you carry with you are just as important as your gear.

Andrew Marshall
    BPL Member

@andrewsmarshall

Locale: Tahoe basin by way of the southern Appalachians

I’m probably biased cause I can’t write anything about backpacking without quoting HDT or talking about Buddhism (RJ makes me take all those bits out of my gear reviews), but I really love this piece, Ben. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jeff
    BPL Member

@jkpaulsen

Thanks, Ben. I enjoyed this a lot, and I like it more as I think about it more.

BPL – please keep publishing pieces like this!

Elph Morgan
    BPL Member

@elph

Locale: Great Lakes

Ben, I really love the cadence and the contemplative aspects of this piece. Thank you so much for sharing, and Ryan for publishing – more like this wouldn’t hurt.

Stephan S
    BPL Member

@nordehiker

No matter where you go, there you are. A paraphrase of Jon Kabat-Zinn, which I think is a brilliant way of acknowledging the fact that you are always going to be with you. So do your best to like what you see in the mirror. Ben, thanks, great post.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools