Topic

Superior Hiking Trail – ~40 mile section w/ kids

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Superior Hiking Trail – ~40 mile section w/ kids

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    BPL Member

@hermantherugger

Hey BPL – I’m looking for some recommendations on a chunk of the SHT that would be good for a ~40 mile section hike with my kids this summer.  They’re 10 & 12 and have some backcountry experience, we’re planning on covering about 10 miles a day.

We’ll be traveling to the trail from Michigan in one car, so something with a trailhead and easy shuttling would be preferred.  Also, any advice on sections that are less likely to have bugs (i.e. windier, etc.) would be welcome.  I’m hoping to make this more fun and less character building!

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

I would just call the SHTA office and ask them for some recommendations. they are really helpful.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools