Topic

Super Hiking Trail section suggestions?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Super Hiking Trail section suggestions?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stumphges
    BPL Member

@stumphges

I’m doing seven days on the SHT later this week with my dog, but not sure about starting and end points. Never been on the trail before. Did the Border Route Trail this Spring and was originally thinking of heading south from where the SHT and BRT meet, but logistics for pick up drop off up the Arrowhead Trail much more of a hassle, so looking for other suggestions.

Does anyone have a favorite 100-120 miles of the SHT they would recommend? The less people the better, but this time of year I suppose there won’t be huge numbers.

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

This time of the year you will find a lot of day hikers looking at the fall color. Pick almost any 100 mile section and it will be fine. I would recommend including Crosby-Manittou State Park, Mount Trudy and Section 13 for great color and views.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools