Topic

Summer car camping near Whistler / Joffre Lakes / Garibaldi

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Summer car camping near Whistler / Joffre Lakes / Garibaldi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Adam G
    BPL Member

@adamg

Hello,

I am planning a trip later in the summer to Garibaldi Provincial Park and Joffre Lakes, both near Whistler in British Columbia. This will include a few backpacking trips. Due to the somewhat last minute planning, I don’t have reservations at nearby car camping campgrounds between trips, and all reservable sites are taken. One of the trips ends on a weekend, so I’ll need a place to camp after it’s done during a very busy time. I don’t have reservations at any campground then, so I’ll be walking in, probably in mid to late afternoon.

The options are a bit overwhelming. There seem to be a variety of large campgrounds with walk in sites available (e.g. Nairn Falls) and a few smaller ones with 5-10 spots. I don’t want to be driving around for 3-4 hours looking for a spot. Does anyone have experience with these campsites as to which ones are most reliable for walking in?

Adam G
    BPL Member

@adamg

I forgot to note that we are driving a 2 door Honda Civic. It can handle most USFS roads but obviously 4WD or high clearance is out of the question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools