Topic

Suggestions of quality sites for fabric?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Suggestions of quality sites for fabric?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Russell Lawson
    BPL Member

@lawson

Locale: Olympic Mts.

Hello, I’m working out some projects to upgrade my gear, and am curious if there are any budding fabric distribution websites with comparable pricing to ripstopbytheroll.com diygearsupply.com or thru-hiker.com.   Mainly looking for 1oz silnylon or silpoly, highest waterproofing preferable as I live in Western wa. Any other brands of fabrics for packs/sleepbag shell/tent footprints would be much appreciated!

I’m having a hard time finding any related threads in the search bar or previous MYOG pages, I so hope this isn’t a repeat headache question!

Thank you,

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Names are for browsing searches, not URL’s for pasting in browser address

FOREIGN:  These can be  even more iffy than domestic, so recommend ordering a yard, perhaps even having it HH tested, before ordering more.  And note delivery times will be longer. With Extrem Textil, email first for shipping info and costs on foreign orders.  They may prefer more expensive options, like DHL, or have a moratorium on foreign orders.

Extrem Textil

Shelby Outdoor

Adventure Expert

DOMESTIC:  Delivery is more reliable and times are shorter.  I still order just a yard first to be sure it is what I want:

Seattle Fabrics

Rockywoods

Dutchware

Quest Outfitters

Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics

Plus those you mentioned.

No doubt forgot some that others may provide.

Russell Lawson
    BPL Member

@lawson

Locale: Olympic Mts.

Thank you! much appreciated

Chris L
    BPL Member

@thechrislundy

Locale: Idaho

Don’t be put off by archaic websites – I’ve found Quest Outfitters and Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics to have some of the most consistent stock and best prices. Neither seem to sell ultra-specialized UL fabrics like DCF, but Quest is the only US source I’ve found for X-PAC X21rc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools