Topic

Stuff sack for Evernew frying pan

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Stuff sack for Evernew frying pan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

I have the 18 inch Evernew titanium frying pan and I’m looking for a stuff sack for it. I use the ZPacks cooking pot stuff sack for my 600 ml Ti Tri and I love it. Any recommendations for one to carry the Evernew pan? I need something as using wood fire to cook over the pan gets soot and black and I don’t want that mess to get all over everything else. Thanks.. Joe

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Simply Light Designs has made several stuffsacks for me at very specific sizes in the past for a very reasonable price. He typically has maybe 8 or 12 different fabrics to choose from, answers email quickly and ships in a day or two.

Another option is to recycle a couple USPS Tyvek envelopes and use some doublestick tape. Tyvek seems like an ideal material for this application to me.

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I started with a ziplock bag for my frying pan which is smaller than yours. Then I shifted to what Matthew K suggests, a DIY envelop from US post office Tyvek and tape.Ā  I sourced some single-sided Tyvek tape from Amazon.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Thanks. 18 cm.. Obviously not 18 inch..lol thanks again .

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Props to Simply light Designs. Super fast response and quick service. He knew exactly what I was looking for. I have ordered from them in the past and have always been satisfied with everything, thanks for reminding me about them !!

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

It has been years since I purchased the bag in the pic, but I believe I did at Glossamer Gear. This particular fry pan is BANKS FRY-PAN 8″ dia ā€“ Alpine and a LARGE (11 X 13ā€); 0.4oz bag.

https://www.gossamergear.com/collections/backpacks/products/stuff-sac

You may be able to use the XLG bag for your fry pan.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

I use the gossamer gear cozy sack for 2 of my cookets. Very much like them.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

got the stuff sack from Simply Light Designs. It is perfect!!! Just the right size to hold the pan and my Ti Tri 600 ml.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Perfect! Iā€™m glad he was able to help you out. I love the fast service.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools