Topic

Stretch-woven dress pants?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Stretch-woven dress pants?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Stumphges
    BPL Member

@stumphges

I know this is borderline for this forum, but has anyone found a stretch-woven pant suitable for wearing with shirt and tie (no jacket) in an office environment?

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

You might check out some of the urban commute bicycling wear from companies like Qor and Toad.  Qor has some pants that are at the high end of price range.  I have been looking at Rohan pants myself. Some folks claim they can wear some of the dark Arcteryx pants to work.

Michael Schlesselmann
    BPL Member

@mschless

Locale: Southern Los Padres National Forest

One of the sales reps for a vendor from work wears lulu lemon pants. I’m sure they are super comfy but also super expensive. They look normal though.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

The only pants I own that are a bit dressy are from Patagonia. That is where I would look ..

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

Prana Brion Possibly

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Lee X-Treme Comfort Khaki. Very comfortable, fine for office wear. Not expensive. I wear them when flying (I don’t work in an office. Well, I don’t work at all actually). (You can also find them on Amazon, don’t know which is the better deal).

Pigeon
    BPL Member

@popeye

You want a nylon/polyester and elastane mix? Some years back I noticed my mom had women’s dress pants that we’re 93% nylon (or polyester) and 7% elastane, same as my expensive schoeller softshell pants.

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Locale: playa del caballo blanco

C9 (Champion) golf pants. 100% polyester, stretchy. No weird tech features. I’ve worn the same pair to weddings as I’ve worn hiking. These are my only “dress pants” these days. Cheap ($25-35, but sometimes you can get them at Target on clearance for $10). I know it’s a long shot with regards to size, but I’ve got a pair of 32″ waist by 30″ inseam in black that I can PIF you (too big for me now; I replaced them with 30X30).

Rob P
    BPL Member

@rpjr

Greg P is right…golf pants are what you are looking for…high tech materials with a dressy cut.

MJ H
    BPL Member

@mjh

If you started this thread because you found khaki pants too confining, it might be good to just try the old-school wool dress pants.  They really stretch quite a bit, depending on the weave, and some are machine washable.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools