Topic

Strap Nirvana

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Strap Nirvana

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    BPL Member

@mhr

Locale: San Juan Mtns.

Extra strap lengths that swing around like dreadlocks at a drum circle drive me nuts!  This is one of those gear tweaks that is so simple but makes trail-life so much better.  Serenity now …

Take some flat elastic, fold it in half, and put a hem in to create a sleeve just a touch wider than the strap width.

Turn them inside-out to hide the hem (which provides a nice channel on the inside to separate the straps.

Lastly, feed the straps through and congratulate yourself for being awesome.

For those who do not care to sew, for years I’ve used the Thoreau’ian method of just tying a loop of thin shock cord and feeding straps through that.  Not as drop-dead sexy, but equally effective.

David Schwaiger
    Spectator

@alabamahiker

Locale: Good Hope

I plan on doing that when I build my backpack. That is if I even get through designing it and get the material.

Matt
    BPL Member

@mhr

Locale: San Juan Mtns.

David – How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time.

Start with the strap-keepers and expand from there!  :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools