Topic

Stopping the ring on inReach mini

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Stopping the ring on inReach mini

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AK Granola
    BPL Member

@granolagirlak

I think i just about have this thing figured out. I have an inReach mini and loaded my messages, added the needed contacts, and syncd it. Sent presets and all arrived. Figured out how to turn on and off the Bluetooth and antenna.

The one thing I cannot for the life of me understand, is after sending a test message, and getting the successful return message, how to silence the infernal ringing! I want it to make noise so I know when there’s a message, but how to make it stop! The only way I found is to turn it completely off. There’s got to be a better answer and I haven’t found it by google or YouTube. Oh for a decent technical manual…guess that’s you guys. TIA

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

In the Earthmate app, under More (on the right, on the bottom), select Options > Messages > and deselect Ring Until Read. Try that.

AK Granola
    BPL Member

@granolagirlak

Thanks for that suggestion. That option is deselected already, and I cannot change it, it’s grayed out.

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

You’re Mini is connected via Bluetooth to your phone/Earthmate app, and all up to date via the Sync app on your desktop? Dunno. Earplugs?

lol.

Mine is set to ring until read because otherwise I miss the message. I don’t know why yours is grayed out, but I’m guessing that’s part of the answer.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Mine just rings one time

“That option is deselected already, and I cannot change it, it’s grayed out.”

computer devices are so annoying.  Makes you want to permanently disable ring by throwing it on ground and stomping on it : )

BC Bob
    Spectator

@bcbob

Locale: Vancouver Island

You’ve turned “Ring Until Read” off in your Inreach Mini?

Messages Settings — From the main menu, select Setup > Messages.

Ring Until Read: Sets the device to ring until you read a new message. This feature is helpful if you are in a noisy environment.

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/inReach_mini_OM_EN.pdf

PS. Hmmm. I don’t see this in Earthmate……. “More (on the right, on the bottom), select Options > Messages”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools