Topic

Steripen ruined by missing seal

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Steripen ruined by missing seal

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

This is all my fault but just thought I’d mention to check the seal/whatever you’d call it on your Steripen if you use one. I’ve had a Steripen Adventurer Opti for a long time and never really thought about the seal. I recently hiked for about 8 hours in a heavy downpour and it was in my hip belt pocket as always. Went to use it the next day and took out the small piece of plastic I use to prevent the batteries making a connection and when I reassembled it the UV light stayed on. Took a closer look and the seal was missing and there was rust inside.  No idea how long it’s been missing as I don’t normally hike in that much rain. Could be months. Could be years. Lesson learned. The replacement I ordered arrived today. I’ll make sure to check it whenever I take the battery cover off in the future.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!