Topic

Starlyte Gold Alcohol Burners

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Starlyte Gold Alcohol Burners

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

How is veryone enjoying the screw on lids of their Starlyte Golds and Trojans?

I recently got an email from a customer and said he was switching to a regular Starlyte with plastic cap so he doesn’t have to contend with sand getting in the threads. He hikes the sands of the Grand Canyon.

New thread started, old one was locked off.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

They look like this:

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Hi Dan, did you ever solve whatever issue people were having with the first batch?

Chris
    BPL Member

@vtme09

I don’t see the Trojan, am I missing it on your website?  I just bought a gold, it’s in the mail, looking forward to trying it out.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Hi Dan, did you ever solve whatever issue people were having with the first batch?

I don’t recall having any problems with the first batch.???? Tell me more please.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

I don’t see the Trojan, am I missing it on your website?

Sorry…….I mispelled Kojin

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

“I don’t recall having any problems with the first batch.???? Tell me more please.”

Was this a different stove? Sorry if it was.

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/72057/page/5/#post-3545604

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Doug, it was the “simmer” version with a reducer ring under the stainless mesh covering. I used “super glue” to seal around the outer edge and it failed. When it failed, it burned just like the “regular” Gold.I resolved the problem by using high temp silicon gasket seal. I got so busy with other stuff I was designing, I never made a batch big enough to offer to everyone. :-(

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Thanks Dan, my mistake. If you ever do make more of them with the silicon, please let me know.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Thanks Dan, my mistake. If you ever do make more of them with the silicon, please let me know.

I’ll check in my boxes of stuff to see if I can find the ones I made. I’ll get back to you today.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Last call on these burners with screw top.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/starlyte-gold-burner.php

Tom K
    BPL Member

@tom-kirchneraol-com-2

“Thanks Dan, my mistake. If you ever do make more of them with the silicon, please let me know.”

I hope he finds one for you, Doug.  Once Dan got the seal sorted out it turned out to be a great little stove.  It’s my “go to” these days.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

If I find a used modified prototype you can have it. Life has been complicated these last few months, totally busy and no one to help mind the store. :roll:

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

No worries Dan.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

This is the one that will be coming up soon:

YouTube video

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Doug,  found a slightly used one for you. Pm  me.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools