Topic

Squeaky backpack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Squeaky backpack

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Arthur
    BPL Member

@art-r

I have a zpacks with a squeak that drives me crazy.  It is from the middle external carbon stay where it enters a pocket on the side of the pack where it intersects the vertical stay. No doubt where it is coming from.   All other similar junctions are quiet. No obvious wear. Solutions?  Thanks.

BC Bob
    Spectator

@bcbob

Locale: Vancouver Island

Can you put a layer of tape on it where it squeaks — electrician’s or duct tape?

Different problem, but my 3-piece hiking poles were rattling so I put a layer of tape on one section, jammed them together and that fixed it.

DWR D
    BPL Member

@dwr-2

I once had a similar squeak with a zPack. emailed them about it… even directly with Joe. I also thought for sure it was one of the carbon fiber stays. I was absolutely sure of it… It was driving me nuts!!! Finally after dozens of attempts to stop the stays from squeaking (tape, lube, etc), I accidentally noticed that after I removed an small utility aluminum carabiner (not a climbing beaner) from the daisy chain on the pack shoulder strap, the squeak magically went away never to return :)))

Arthur
    BPL Member

@art-r

Follow up.  I took the stay out, reversed it, and it became silent.  Life threatening issue resolved!

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

I have had a few squeaks with the Arc Blast. A little body glide on the rubbing material cured it. Finding the source is 95% of the problem.

Craig
    BPL Member

@skeets

Locale: Australia

Thsnkyou – i have the same on each of my arc blasts – will try this

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools