Topic

Sportful Hot Pack Ultralight Jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Sportful Hot Pack Ultralight Jacket

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Hoffman
    BPL Member

@sphinx

Locale: High Desert

http://www.backcountry.com/sportful-hot-pack-ultralight-jacket-mens?s=a

I just picked one of these up at backcountry. I can’t confirm the weight but it claims 50 grams(1.8oz)!!!! Idk what size that is. The large still appears to be well under 2oz on my grandpa scale.

I wish i could post pictures of how small this thing packs. Its literally a handful, smaller than a baseball if i squeeze. It has a DWR treatment as well.

The fit is perfect for me but could be tight for some. I’m 6’1 175 and the large leaves just enough room for my Cerium LT vest and a baselayer. Tight-ish on my big neck but not uncomfortable.

Im a little concerned about backpack straps on the material. It doesnt seem fragile but i bet some abrasion will get to it. I dont expect much rain protection out of it but where i usually live its good enough.

Anyways, just thought i would post this here because its the lightest jacket i have ever owned or seen. I’m learning that cycling gear is where its at for me, on or off the bike.

Oh ya and there is also a Hot Pack Ultralight wind vest that claims 38g (1.35oz)…..unreal.

EDIT: Montbell Jacket is lighter. But not as pretty :)

Christopher Yi
    Spectator

@traumahead

Locale: Cen Cal

How’s the drop tail?  With biking clothing it usually seems a bit long when you’re not on the bike.

Stefan Hoffman
    BPL Member

@sphinx

Locale: High Desert

I prefer the drop tail and long sleeves. Its not an excessive drop tail on this Jacket. Covers about half my bum, less cold breeze if i lean over. Plus i do bike to work in Utah winter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools