Topic

Source of inexpensive merino

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Source of inexpensive merino

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

My latest inexpensive merino is from Decathlon. I have their Forcaz Travel 100 shirt. Very think fabric and the MSRP of $25 cannot be beat. I am typically a size L, but being a Euro brand the XL fit as expected, not skin tight and not baggy. I see that their stock is practially depleated for the shirts at the moment, but watching it this year they seem to typically restock within a month or so. I have used it a few times on hikes and runs and I am very happy with it.

I also have their Trek 500 Gloves. Most wool liners seem to be a bit thick to layer. These are very thin. I have only taken them on a local run, but so far so good.

Eugene Hollingsworth
    BPL Member

@geneh_bpl

Locale: Mid-Minnesota

I’ll have to check Decathlon out. Thin wool liners for leather work gloves would be perfect. So would slighly loose long underwear.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools