Topic

Source for colored nylon webbing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Source for colored nylon webbing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Justin S
    BPL Member

@nommon8

Does anyone know of a sources for 3/4″ thin colored flat nylon webbing? Commercial backpacks have straps in every color you can imagine: red, blue, silver, yellow, etc, but most sellers only stock black. I was able to find military style colors at a few sellers, but nothing else. Specifically I would love to have 3/8″ gray webbing for pull tabs, and 3/4″ gray webbing for daisy chains and compression straps. I think it’d go with black VX fabric nicely.

Thanks

DancingBear
    BPL Member

@dancingbear

Locale: Central Indiana

Have you tried Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics or Seattle Fabrics?  They seem to carry more colored webbing than any of the others I looked at.  I’m not sure if they’ll have exactly what you’re looking for but you may at least find more options.  It seems to be sort of hit or miss on finding a particular color.

Walt

Ken M
    BPL Member

@kenmoz

Locale: Louisville, Oh

Strapworks   Eugene, Or

https://www.strapworks.com/Flat_Nylon_s/61.htm

I have not purchased from them yet.  It looks they have an impressive selection.

-Ken

Jeff McWilliams
    BPL Member

@jjmcwill

Locale: Midwest

Check http://www.ripstopbytheroll.com too.  They have some grosgrain ribbon in colors, as well as some 1500lb test nylon webbing in 1″

They also have some pre-printed “OutdoorINK” webbing, and I *thought* you could order their 1″ OutDoorINK webbing with your own custom pattern, too.

That might be a really cool way to give your pack a really custom look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools