Topic

SoSHR hiking partners wanted for August

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips SoSHR hiking partners wanted for August

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Don Burton
    Spectator

@surfcam310

Locale: City of Angels

Hi,

I’m looking for a hiking partner or 2 to hike the SoSHR this August. Most likely starting Aug 9 and averaging 10 miles/day for 10 days. Starting at the Bishop Pass TH at South Lake and hiking south and exiting at Horseshoe Meadows. I will be doing this with Walk Up permits and I’m willing to arrive the day prior to wait in line for them and call my hiking partner(s) to confirm we have the permits. I have done walk ups the past 2 years for extremely popular trails and not had any problems (JMT, Rae Lakes Loop, and Zion Traverse). That being said, I imagine interested people would probably want to be in California so they could drive to the TH in a reasonable amount of time after me calling by 11am.

I can provide more details and info through PM or email.

Best,
    Don

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools