Topic

Sony A9

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Sony A9

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Tom D.
    BPL Member

@dafiremedic

Locale: Southern California

Looks nice. Too bad Sony doesn’t have any long FE glass for it yet (I believe the 70-300 is their longest at the moment). I’m sure they have something in the works in the 500mm + range in the near future.

Not going to be “ultralight”, regardless of the kit you take with it, although it will be a lot lighter than the D5 or Canon 1DX Mk II. It looks like a great wildlife camera though.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

There is a 100-400 that was announced with the a9.  This is pretty far outside of my budget, but I like the new battery and dual card slots, although I wonder why they didn’t offer xqd since this is a sports/wildlife camera.

Due to size and cost, I will likely stay with aps-c bodies for the forseable future.  I keep hoping that they will release a pro crop sensor camera with two card slots, the a9 battery, no rolling shutter, and a heat sink that will manage the heat better.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools